Prototype Design Lab (PDLab) is an internationally recognized design and fabrication studio based in Toronto, Canada that is committed to blurring the boundaries between art, architecture and industrial design. We are a multi-disciplinary office located in Etobicoke with a focus on highly custom and creative design at a variety of scales (including residential, hospitality and commercial projects both locally based and abroad). We design and create at all scales, including graphics, art pieces, millwork and furniture and small objects, but focus on interior design and custom designs. Our design office is complemented by our fully-staffed on-site wood and metal shop that is used to produce many of our design initiatives.
For over a decade, PDLab with a team of Interior Designers and artisans has created distinctive signature environments for a diverse and often high-profile clientele within the specialized hospitality and bespoke residential market. PDLab excels at designing and coordinating projects from a distance. The firm collaborates with some of the best craftsmen and world-leading innovators to create some of the most cutting-edge architecture.
Prototype Design Lab (PDLab) is seeking an experienced Architectural or Interior Designer to join our team. We are seeking a creative and highly motivated individual to join our team, with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in an Interior Design or Architectural office. Our current projects that the candidate will work on include restaurant and shopping mall interiors as well as new single-family dwellings.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and competent in his or her ability to bring a project from the initial concept to complete drawings for construction and/or fabrication. Candidates should be eager and motivated to work at a variety of scales and to take on a variety of responsibilities; in exchange, he or she will be provided with the opportunity to take on every level of role and responsibility that is available on our projects.
For a sample of our work, visit us at www.pdlab.ca
The application requires a portfolio. Please include a link or attachment. Resumes sent without a portfolio will not be reviewed.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience in an Interior Design or Architectural office
- Self-motivated with creative thinking skills in a fast-paced, flexible and multi-faceted environment
- A vision for cutting-edge design, backed by an understanding of how to detail and execute it
- Strong sketching skills (hand-sketching or computer-based)
- Proficient in AutoCAD
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
- Working experience with Rhino and 3DS Max and/or D5 Render or Twinmotion
- Architecture or Interior Design degree/diploma from a recognized school
All applicants must have legal permission to work in Canada in order to be considered.
This Position does not offer sponsorship of Work Visas.
Applicants will be required to undergo a background check only if and after a conditional offer of employment has been extended.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: From $55,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Toronto, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Do you have any interior design experience for commercial spaces?
- The application requires a portfolio. Have you attached your portfolio?
- Do you have interior design rendering experience?
- What type of Interior Design Presentation Technique do you have?
- Interior design: 5 years (required)
Work Location: In person