Are you an experienced Interior Designer looking for your next career move? Look no further than our renowned interior design firm located in the vibrant city of Vancouver, British Columbia. Our award-winning firm has a strong commitment to delivering inspirational interior design services, meticulous project management, and expert tender bid and negotiation skills, consistently exceeding our clients' expectations. With an extensive network and a history of magnificent projects in commercial, multi-unit residential, retail, and hospitality sectors, we are dedicated to growing our business further with the help of talented professionals like you.
- 8+ years of experience in Commercial Design/Tenant Improvements, with a primary focus on corporate interiors, and experience in multi-family residential design.
- A minimum of 4 years of Interior Design experience in British Columbia.
- A minimum of 4 years of Project Management experience.
- Experience with drawing coordination and quality assurance review of drawings prepared with the production team.
- Proficiency in tender documents preparation and issuance.
- Knowledge of contract administration documents and project pricing tracking.
- Furniture specification and coordination experience.
- Excellent English communication skills (written and verbal).
- Municipality permitting experience.
- Diploma/Degree in Interior Design from an Accredited Institution.
- Strong working drawing knowledge and experience.
- Excellent skills in AutoCAD, Revit, or SketchUp; Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.)
- Great interpersonal skills and a positive attitude.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Preferred: Registered member of IDIBC.
- Collaborate closely with team members to establish project goals and direction, overseeing all phases of a project from inception to completion.
- Produce accurate and complete sets of detailed Design & Construction Documentation.
- Develop designs, including the production of 3D renderings to support the design concept.
- Create sketches, renderings, and samples for client approval.
- Participate in client-facing meetings and presentations.
- Specify products and materials, outlining fabrication specifications.
- Coordinate with vendors on all aspects of the project, including project and installation coordination, scheduling, sample/shop drawing review, etc.
- Stay updated on industry best practices through research.
- Source Furniture, Finishes & Equipment with consideration to the project concept and budget.
- Engage and coordinate with project Contractors, Engineers, and Consultants to provide solutions and deliver the design intent on time and on budget.
- Review shop drawings and related contract administration documentation, as required.
- Oversee all project details under the supervision of the executive team and principal.
- Understand the financial deliverables with respect to the design intent and functional program.
How to Apply:If you have the experience, skills, and passion to excel as a Senior Interior Designer, we encourage you to apply.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00-$100,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- design: 8 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person