Architectural Designer / Draftsperson
Are you a talented, hardworking, and fun individual with a passion for design? Join our team as an Intermediate Designer! We are seeking an experienced designer to contribute their expertise and creativity to our projects. In this role, you will be involved in the full lifecycle of the design process to ensure successful execution from initiation to completion.
To apply, please submit the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Portfolio – (if available)
FRANCIS RIVARD Apply now to be part of our team and contribute to the creation of innovative and inspiring designs! We are thrilled to review your
- Drafting & Design - submission as we eagerly seek new members to join our vibrant and collaborative work environment.
Francis Rivard Drafting & Design has been in business for 4 1/2 years. We are a small Architectural Design firm located in New Liskeard, Ontario.
Our services include design consultation, drafting, by-law & building code assessment, construction drawings and construction consulting,
municipal building inspection & more.
About the role
We are looking to hire a full-time Architectural Technologist, designer or
draftsperson who will develop construction drawings and related project documents. The draftsperson is responsible for the creation of
architectural designs and drawings for buildings and structures using
Chief Architect software according to specifications provided by the
Role & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with the team to develop creative, unique, and
- Participate in client meetings and presentations, contributing
your design expertise.
- Provide accurate space planning that reflects the functional requirements and design intentions of the project.
CONTACT US FOR MORE INFO Prepare documentation for the selection, specification, and procurement of FF&E fixtures, including detailed layoutPHONE: drawings and schedules.705-648-8663 Create contract documents, including preliminary, tender, and construction packages.
- Maintain strong client relationships throughout the design
WEBSITE: process. frdrafting.com
- Minimum 2 years of industry experience.
- Degree or diploma in Interior Design, Architectural
Technologist, Draftsperson, Architectural Designer, or equivalent.
- Proficiency with Cad software.
- Experience with Chief Architect, SketchUp or other rendering software is advantageous.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office and Adobe Suite.
- Excellent understanding of shop drawings, product cut sheets, and installation manuals.
- Familiarity with architectural graphic standards and construction industry practices.
- Knowledge of the Ontario building code and technical standards.
- General understanding of interdisciplinary design integration.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong collaborative and communication skills.
- Effective design, time, and priority management.
- Resourceful, curious, inspired, and creative mindset.
- Mathematical knowledge and attention to detail.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to problem solve independently.
- Ability to work alone and with a team.
- BCIN certification would be an asset.
- Bilingual (not required but an asset)
- Valid Ontario driver’s license with clean abstract
Location and commitments
- Opportunity to grow with the company as we expand.
- 8-hour shift, Monday to Friday
- Salary dependent on level of skills and experience.
- Work location in person, possibility to work from home.
Interviews will be held as necessary and those selected for interview are determined based on meeting the criteria as noted above. An evaluation period will be used to determine the candidate’s suitability
for the position.
CONTACT US FOR MORE INFO
EMAIL: [email protected]
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $35,000.00-$65,000.00 per year
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- New Liskeard, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Architectural Design: 1 year (preferred)
- drafting: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person