As loyal Stewards we care about our profession and are committed to the communities where we work and live. Our culture fosters knowledge sharing, and we care about the experience while engaging in things that are worth doing. We are looking for deliberate and hardworking individuals who would thrive working with a thorough and investigative collective of professionals. We practice active listening, are humbly confident, authentic, and care about learning.
The Interior Designer is highly motivated, has a strong sense of design and wants to advance their interior design and architecture skills. They are a team player with strong communication, organizational, and problem-solving skills. They will have 4 to 8 years of experience working in an architectural or interiors office delivering projects from concept through design development up to construction drawings and administration.
This person will work within a collaborative design team throughout all phases of project development to produce a high-quality product. They will demonstrate practical knowledge of design, trends, construction methodology, materials application and manufacturer-supplier appropriateness. They will also possess knowledge of furniture, fixture and equipment (FF&E), architectural/interior finishes, lighting, art signage, color and materials to carryout design intent of the projects they are involved with.
This person may assist in proposals and review drawing progress on a regular basis to ensure documentation for all phases conforms to METAFOR quality assurance, quality control and best practice standards.They can plan and execute various phases of project delivery with minimal oversight and conduct themselves in a professional manner within the office and externally.
They will be responsible for completing tasks assigned to them and will be responsible to support the ID Team Lead, as well as starting to run smaller projects while achieving design and technical excellence and working within a collaborative framework of the METAFOR practice.
This position is based out of our Calgary studio, 625 11 Ave SW #310.
- 4 to 8 years of experience working in an architectural or interior design office delivering projects from concept through design development and construction drawings for a variety of building types.
- Graduated from a recognized University program and registered (or working towards) with the AAA or other governing associations for Interior Design.
- Team player with strong communication, organization, and problem-solving skills.
- Be client facing and show up professionally external and internal.
- Has an advanced understanding of building codes, interiors components and construction processes.
- Assist with the organization and updating of the Interiors Sample Library.
- Potential minimal traveling for project work in our Edmonton Office.
CHARACTERISTICS & SKILLS
- Organizes own work efforts.
- Coordinate consultants with interior and architectural documents.
- Performs material research in preparation of project specifications.
- Contributing to detailed preparation of design and construction documents and solutions to general interior design problems. Drawing Platforms: Revit experience is required.
- Collaborate on concept and schematic design and design development. Preparing Design Documentation based on Project objectives and goals.
- Ability to work in a team environment and mentor junior staff.
- Create presentation material including presentation boards, material boards, models, elevations, and 3D renderings.
- Possess space planning and programming skills
- Excellent time management and teamwork skills.