Full-Time Showroom Consultant
Do you have a passion for Interior design and creating beautiful spaces?
Do you enjoying assisting customers, both appointments and walk-ins? Do you provide fantastic customer service and sell with integrity?
Do you enjoy working with clients, pre and post installation to ensure exceptional customer experience resulting in raving fans and referrals?
If you answered yes to these questions, Bartle & Gibson showrooms might be the right career for you!
WHY WORK FOR US
- Company paid benefits
- Profit sharing
- RRSP match
- Paid sick days
- Career growth
- #GIVEBACK Program
- Personal Milestone Recognition Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Employee discounts on plumbing, electrical and heating products
OUR MISSIONSupplying the right solutions at the right time with our expert customer care throughout Western Canada.OUR VISION
Be the preferred wholesaler by providing superior customer experiences.
As a Bartle and Gibson Showroom Consultant, you are welcoming and enthusiastic about providing an exceptional experience to every client, 5 days a week, from Monday to Friday. You greet all your clients and guide them through the process of purchasing the right product for their project.
With a friendly, outgoing personality and are in search of a career opportunity to build upon your existing sales experience, you will prove yourself to be an excellent representative for BGS helping grow our business while assisting clients as they find their ideal and unique product packages and solutions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and retain strong relationships with a wide range of customers, including builders, designers, contractors and homeowners
- Assess customers’ needs, guiding their product selection and purchase
- Respond to inquiries with accurate pricing, inventory, and delivery information
- Handle special orders, requests, issues/concerns with enthusiasm and efficiency
- Provide quotes for clients and follow ups
- Examine and resolve customer issues, address short payments, and returns in a timely fashion
- Continually improve product knowledge and stay up to date on the latest trends and innovative technology
- Maintain product displays and literature to ensure most current information is available to customers
- Conduct after sales service with customers
- Work closely with others (clients, suppliers, co-workers) in a professional, cooperative, and positive manner
- Other duties as required
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- A strong sales presence
- Outstanding customer service and interpersonal skills
- Quick responsiveness and problem-solving skills
- Able to learn and operate the applicable software system used to process orders
- Organizational and time management skills
- Can work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to develop rapport with both customers and suppliers
- Must work Saturdays and have reliable transportation
- Minimum Grade 12 education required
- Candidates should possess a minimum of two years’ sales experience (counter sales or inside sales)
- Knowledge of the plumbing products would be considered an asset
- Strong computer skills with the ability to quickly learn new systems
- Basics of design and interior decorating is an asset
Final candidates will be required to undergo an assessment and security screening, including a criminal record check. Employment is subject to screening completion that is satisfactory to Bartle & Gibson.
Location: 4248 Glanford Avenue, Victoria, British Columbia V8Z 4B8
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: In person