B+H Architects is seeking a Healthcare Interior Designer will oversee the interior design process and deliverables, establish project direction and work within the project budgets and schedules for large scale projects in Canada.
With strong leadership skills, experience with user group meetings and working with senior hospital management and P3 partners, the Senior Interior Designer will deliver world-class facilities consistent with requirements that meet technology, integration, efficiency, safety and cost effectiveness. Working collaboratively within the Architecture Healthcare practice and the Healthcare Interiors Lead, the Senior Interior Designer provides leadership, technical expertise, and mentoring to a team of junior and intermediate designers with responsibility for project delivery in a time and resource-sensitive manner.
- With input from the project Principal, oversee the interior design process and deliverable, establish project direction and work within project budgets and schedules.
- Meet with clients to analyze their goals, needs and resources.
- Under minimal supervision, manage multiple projects and a team of intermediate and junior designers; delegate and assign tasks appropriately.
- Understand the requirements of the plans, life safety issues, building codes and other technical aspects; knowledgeable in the areas of design, drawing and details, finishes and building materials, specifications, codes, technical drawing, contract administration and business practices.
- Provide world class conceptual design/leadership, inspiring teams to continually strive for design excellence. Using knowledge of both current and future trends, deliver spaces that exceed client expectations.
- Prepare and administer construction documents consisting of plans, elevations, details and specifications, to illustrate partition layouts; power and communications locations; reflected ceiling and lighting plans; millwork and finishes
- Manage requirements for materials, products and finishes; and furniture selection, specifications and layouts.
- Administer contract documents, bids, and negotiations as the client’s consultant; coordinate and collaborate with other design professionals who may be retained to provide consulting services, including but not limited to architects, structural, mechanical and electrical engineers and various specialty consultants.
- Assist with permit applications as required.
- Understanding of construction administration processes from tender through project close out.
- Work to a project fee and client budget.
- Foster and cultivate good client relationships.
- Mentor and train intermediate and junior designers.
- At least 3-5 years of experience working with a recognized Interior Design or Architectural firm.
- A membership with ARIDO (or other relevant regulatory body)
- Attained your NCIDQ certification or in progress to obtain it.
- Recent experience working on P3 Healthcare projects.
- Sound knowledge of AutoCAD, REVIT, Windows (Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint) and a host of 3D graphic programs such as 3Ds Max, Sketch-up, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator,
- Technically savvy, able to learn and master new programs and apps.
- Armed with excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Comfortable working within the setting of a fully integrated global interiors, architecture, planning and landscape architecture firm.
- Positive attitude, passion, and patience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Our Healthcare Practice
Our experience in healthcare includes the design and construction of large-scale hospital and medical facilities in Canada, Asia, and the Middle East.
Our healthcare team creates environments that integrate people, the environment, technology and the ultimate purpose of space. Healthcare Interiors is an important part of our firm’s practice, providing high-quality design and project management services for our prestigious clients.
Benefit of working at B+H
People represent our most valued asset. By investing in our employees, we are also investing in the ongoing success of our company. We pride ourselves on offering a comprehensive People First benefits package to promote health and wellness, enhance work/life balance and ensure long-term stability for our employees and their families.
- Hybrid work arrangements with a combination of working in the friendly Toronto Studio and remotely.
- Competitive pay
- A great employer paid Extended Health & Dental Benefit, Life, and AD&D
- Referral bonus program
- Company's perks/discounts (i.e Goodlife, perkopolis etc.)
- You will be exposed to an open, continuous-learning environment where professional development and career progression is encouraged.
- You will work within a dynamic, driven, high-achieving, close-knit, and fun-loving team.
- And lots of fun studio events
Bold+Human – About Us
B+H is a global, award-winning consulting and design solutions firm. We leverage the core visualization and integration skills of an architecture and design practice to understand and articulate complex data into trans-formative solutions across a broad spectrum of sectors and services.
Founded on a legacy of 70 years of creating bold and inspiring spaces for people, B+H provides core architecture, planning, landscape, and interior design services. Today our team includes 400 curious designers, place makers, strategists, storytellers, and creative human beings who believe in embracing change and challenging the status quo to deliver resilient, healthy environments that make positive contributions to their communities and are characterized by vibrant human experiences.
Collaborating across ten studios in Toronto, Vancouver, Seattle, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Hong Kong, Singapore & Ho Chi Minh City, B+H’s architects, interior designers, planners, landscape architects, organizational design specialists, experience designers, researchers, analysts, and brand strategists combine strategic thinking, bold design, and advanced technology with the creative human energy of an interdisciplinary, multi-generational team. B+H delivers strategic consulting and high-value design solutions that shape spaces, communities, and economies.
At B+H we push the limits of creativity by acknowledging humanity in the creative process. We believe in letting things get a little messy while we let our minds explore the bounds of what’s possible. Once we’ve found something truly new, then we reassemble it into the clean, well-executed project our clients expect from us. Join us if you’re willing to try new things, to go bold, and to let the best idea win. If you’re willing to stretch yourself and you want to create something that’s never existed before, we want you. For more information, please visit https://bharchitects.com/en/
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for the job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Diversity and inclusion have always been at the core of our values at B+H. A diverse workforce with wide perspectives and creative ideas benefits our clients, the communities where we operate and all of us as colleagues. We welcome applications from qualified individuals from all backgrounds. B+H is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Individual accommodation will be provided for applicants with disabilities who meet required qualifications. Please advise us at any time during the recruitment process.